To get the mottled leaf effect, I had to have all of my colors of paper pulp made up at the same time. That required some ambition… which took a couple months to find. Then I made the paper and tried cutting it with my Spellbinder dies… of which I had a couple amazing packages of leaves. Only a small handful of them actually cut completely. So I dug out the thick Sizzix dies, even going so far as to order another one. (Yes – it was a hardship. But one must suffer for their art, they say…)
Then I checked a book out of the library on decorative paper techniques and got the idea for the tissue paper. I spent $2 at the dollar store for a variety pack. I then layered yellow, pink, and red with tinted glues… first brown, then pink, then orange pigmented matte glue/sealer. I was going to go with yellow and green, but I fell in love after the pink and didn’t want to mess up the color combo. I cut frames out and adhered the journaling and pictures behind instead of matting them onto the front.
I think the tissue paper makes a lovely leaf background and may try it in greens for a summer background… or blues for water… or multicolored for….
Yep, I’m thinking it’s addictive!!! And I got another Prima-ish layout for my scrapbook.